As an experienced amateur photography, I took the Photography Diploma course to see if there was something I could learn about more! Here are my thoughts of Shaw Academy and the course.
- Buying a membership is over-promoted. The end of every lesson is 10-15 minutes about purchasing one. Less time could be spent on it. Pop-ups show every single time when accessing the dashboard and the only way to close pop-up is a very small x
- Excessive amount of email, phone, and text reminders. Received multiple of the same emails and emails that should not have been sent (such as receiving a "You're late!" email when already in class)
- Audio sometimes had issues that could easily be fixed such as random and deafening sounds such as if the speaker touched the mic on accident. Sometimes the speaker was close and then far away from mic and audio levels kept varying
- Strict scheduling. You DO have the option to "Reschedule" your classes to take them all in a day, but if you don't do that, there is a very strict scheduling that I can't make it always make it to. Can't download videos
- Course designed for NEW photographers. Good information that was well-explained for new photographers, and good review for experienced photographers