Furniture At Work
Spotlight: What are our customers saying?
Item was as I expected. Ordered on 17 June and was told at the time it would be 9th July delivery. A few days later it was amended to 10th July and true to word it arrived this morning right in the...Read on
We were setting up our new startup and for the office, we fortunately get these guys. In comparison, they were offering the best price. Also the quality of work, we saw was amazing. It was the be...Read on
Dreadful customer service, and no connection between delivery company, order dates given were not the date the chairs arrived, resulting in chaos, and a most unhelpful delivery driver. Requests an...Read on
Beyond Bad! ... ordered two items for delivery and assembly in situ in December 2020. The FAW web page for my order confirmed expected delivery 6th Jan. Items never arrived. No reply from their...Read on
I ordered a chair and the delivery date was later delayed by their customer srvice team by 12 days. When I attempted to cancel the order by email and call their customer service team on numerous o...Read on
No reviews yet!
Find companies you have experience with and write reviews about them! Your reviews contribute to a more transparent market and improve the reliability of companies.
Home office computer trolley
Item was as I expected. Ordered on 17 June and was told at the time it would be 9th July delivery. A few days later it was amended to 10th July and true to word it arrived this morning right in the time slot given
Best office furniture undoubtedly
We were setting up our new startup and for the office, we fortunately get these guys. In comparison, they were offering the best price. Also the quality of work, we saw was amazing.
It was the best deal.
Dreadful customer service, and no connection between delivery company, order dates given were not the date the chairs arrived, resulting in chaos, and a most unhelpful delivery driver.
Requests and emails unanswered.
Would not use this firm again.
Filing Cabinet and Table
Beyond Bad! ... ordered two items for delivery and assembly in situ in December 2020. The FAW web page for my order confirmed expected delivery 6th Jan. Items never arrived.
No reply from their phone lines and, after 20 mins of the phone simply ringing , a recorded message comes suggesting I request a call back. I did.
Advised me that carrier would call with new delivery date and also told me that the fact that the reason I expected delivery on the 6th was my fault as the delivery had been scheduled, not actually confirmed!
Carrier called two days later and delivery arranged for 11th Jan around midday. Carrier duly turned up but was unaware that assembly in situ had been agreed and paid for. They offered to assemble the items IN THE STREET for me and leave them there for me to carry into house which, being disabled, was not possible.
I could not get an answer from FAW on the phone at the time (as normal) so had to book a recall. I was called back and advised that it was, again, my fault that assembled in situ didn't occur as apparently, I had agreed with the carrier for them to leave in street ... seriously? ... total lies!
I cancelled order there and then and asked for money back. They would however not refund in full as their subcontracted carrier still wanted paying for the aborted delivery. I envoked section 75 and, after a lot of emailing and being totally ignored, eventually, the bank managed to resolve and I was refunded all my money on 8th February. My advice? ... never buy from this company as they are uncontactable, unprofessional, untrustworthy and unbelievable. Simply the worst on-line retailer I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. Find another supplier, plenty out there, or make sure if you really are a masochist and you buy from them, you ONLY pay by credit card as you expect problems and lies.
I ordered a chair and the delivery date was later delayed by their customer srvice team by 12 days.
When I attempted to cancel the order by email and call their customer service team on numerous occasions without success. I spent the best part of three hours on hold. Ileft my contact details for them to call me yet I received nothing.
When I spoke to the sales team they refused to help.
The whole experience has been a complete joke.
I would stay well clear of this company if this is the kind of customer support they offer.
2 Bixley cabinets
My score is zero stars but this website only allows 2 stars asa minimum
I called before buying to confirm delivery time. I was told 5-10 days
Once I had paid they emailed me to say it would be nearly 3 months
I didn’t see the email giving me 48 hours to confirm that was OK
They refused to refund me. So I have spent nearly £300 for some thing I need now but won’t get
Avoid them like the plague or COVID 19
Office furniture (ordered in July 2020, cancelled Oct 2020)
This company is NOT to be trusted. They took my money upfront delayed delivery again and again and when I cancelled did not refund my money. The customer service team don't care less and blame everything on "the warehouse". This company should be on the BBC's "Rogue Traders" programme.
Ordered May 2020
Advised prompt delivery
Subsequently advised item 'not available'
Requested refund 14th May 2020
Had to involve Bank legal team as no response from this so-called organisation
Finally received refund 17th August 2020 - no apology, no explanation.
DO NOT USE THIS DREADFUL COMPANY
Elements of the numerous other bad reviews are echoed in my experience i.e. significant delays in delivery, inability to contact customer service, no responses from the company to emails/voicemails/online contact forms, no proactive and certainly no honest communication of what is actually going on.
The truth seems to be that despite the messaging on the website, there is little/no stock availability, you won’t get your item assembled and you will struggle getting all or partial refunds if you are not willing to wait for the delayed item.
I want to give Greg in customer service some positive feedback though as he was the only person who offered a life-line and seemed genuinely apologetic. Nevertheless, I suspect his hands are tied and I will never see the partial refund that was promised.
All in all a very stressful, time-consuming experience and I am left feeling very disappointed. I also feel very sad for all the other hundreds/thousands of customers in the same position who are suffering with no information and no signs of a positive outcome. I would recommend that you shop elsewhere using a company with more integrity and honesty.
• Order placed for Cream Skye Executive Chair on 29th May with Furniture at Work. £86+VAT for item. Plus £20+VAT for assembly. Delivery expected in two weeks.
• Two weeks later, email received from Furniture at Work Customer Service to indicate a delay and that the new delivery date would be Friday 26th June. Telephoned Customer Service who confirmed this.
• Friday 26th June. Telephoned Customer Service to check that the item was due for delivery today. Told that there was nothing on the system to indicate any delay and that they would check with the warehouse and if any problems I would be telephoned back. No further communication and no item received.
• Monday 29th June. Telephoned Customer Service (held for 2*30minutes and then put through to voicemail service), emailed Customer Service, filled in online customer care form. No responses to email, voicemail or online form. Telephoned Customer Service at 5pm and after holding for 25minutes I did get to speak to someone. They said they were still waiting for an update from the Warehouse.
• Tuesday 30th June. Further attempted calls, holding for 30muinutes before being cut off. Further emails. No responses. Telephoned Customer Service at 5pm and spoke with Greg. I raised concerns after reading all the negative online reviews for the company. Very apologetic. He said the same as per the previous day i.e. they were waiting for an update from their warehouse. I asked for the warehouse contact details and said I’d try calling them myself.
• Called and emailed the warehouse (company called Eliza Tinsley). Open and honest dialogue with them with visibility of their order system and a clear explanation of the problem. There are 250 orders for my one specific item in “backorder” on their order system i.e. they are out of stock. Eliza Tinsley have repeatedly made Furniture at Work aware of this. I was lucky as there was one “free stock” item waiting allocation on the system and I got allocated to it.
• Thursday 2nd July – after further communications with Eliza Tinsley confirming that the item was the same and in good repair, the item was received. The item was flat-packed and not assembled. Eliza Tinsley have made Furniture at Work aware that assembly for any order is not possible right now due to staff shortages and the Covid-19 pandemic. I accepted the flat-packed item.
• Friday 3rd July – item successfully assembled. It was complete and in good repair. Contacted Furniture at Work to update them. Spoke to Greg again. I asked him for a partial refund for the assembly cost (£20+VAT). I was told this would be confirmed within 2-3 days and then the funds should be in my bank within 5 days of that.
• Tuesday 7th June – sent email to Furniture at Work following up on this. No response. No refund.
• Wednesday 15th June – 10 working days after being promised a partial refund I have had no communications from Furniture at Work and no refund has been received. The item is still available to buy on the website but the assembly option is not available to select which is something positive for the unsuspecting prospective customer.
AN OFFICE CHAIR
A vital part is missing. NOTHING POSITIVE TO SAY. ALL NEGATIVE